When I first heard that youtube had launched a service called youtube offline for its android and iphone users which enables users to watch youtube videos without internet or with slow speed internet , I got shocked surprised and very much exited to know this technology , how is it possible to watch youtube without internet . But when I tried it , let me explain in detail.
Youtube had provided this offline feature only for mobile phone or tablet users .This offline feature is available in its official app for android & iphone ,which can be downloaded and installed from google play store or apple store.
- If you are already installed or using the older version this app , please upgrade it to the latest version in order to enable youtube offline feature in your app, but first create a youtube channel first.
- Open the application , make sure that your mobile should be connected to internet either by wifi , or by 3G , 4G. Now search for a video , and click on the video thumbnail to play it . On the watch page below the video you will find an button , which tells you to click here to add video to offline mode.
- Once you click on the button , it will prompt you to select the resolution of the video , once you select the resolution , the app will show the size of video for that resolution and start downloading that video on to your device. Once the download is complete , it will be added to offline video list.
- However All the videos are not available to watch in offline mode by youtube and there is also limitation that , you can only watch that offline videos within 48 hours after adding it to offline list. This downloaded video can only be played in the official app of youtube , it cannot play in other video players.
- Now in order to watch the offline videos open the official app of youtube , go to section – offline videos , select and play the added video in the app. When you first enter the offline mode , the app will prompt you to watch offline via wifi which is the default settings , just uncheck it before using , other wise it will ask for wi fi connection.