Let me clarify this first that you will be able to host multiple website in 1 hosting plan only if your hosting service provider allow you to do so , if you had purchased a hosting plan in which you are allowed to host only one website , then it is not possible , but if you had purchased a hosting plan in which it is allowed to host multiple website , Then you can host multiple websites in one hosting account , doesn’t matter how much space they had provided , but you must check that they must provide more than 1 mysql database with your hosting plan ,Remember that the number of dynamic websites you will be able to host is equal to the number of mysql database you have got with your hosting plan.
Hence if you had purchased a hosting plan like advanced , pro , deluxe, etc which allows you to host multiple websites in their plan , then follow the step by step procedure to set up your websites, for making you easy to understand I had also attached a video tutorial at the end of this page for your guidance.
Step by step procedure to setup your web host account / space for hosting multiple websites :
- Note : This procedure will only work if you have purchased your domain names and hosting account with the same company. Means if you had purchased your web hosting space from hostgator then you must have registered your all domain names from hostgator .
- Now login to your hosting control panel with your user name and password , now open / launch your hosting plan and go to option called – hosted domains . Here you will find all the list of domains which are hosted there along with a separate folder for each hosted websites. But if you are using it for first time , then you need to setup domains one by one which you wish to host their .
- For adding domains to your hosting plan , click on add domain option , Here you need to keep in mind one thing that the first domain which you will add will be your Primary Domain and its files will be stored in the root folder of your hosting space. You don’t need to add any folder for you’re your primary domain . However you can change your primary domain any time in future.
- After adding your primary domain in the root folder , you need to add your other domains in the same hosting account , now click on add domain option and enter the domain name of your another website which you wish to host in the same hosting space, when you proceed to add the domain , you will also be prompted to create a separate folder with the other website name in the hosting space , here you need to enter the name of the the folder very similar to your other website name , since it will be helpful for you to recognize that which folder contains the files of which website , in the very similar way you can add more domains to the same hosting plan.
- After adding the domains , the status will show as pending for few hours , but once it set up , you will find the option attached / setup complete.
- Now you are ready to work on your website , if you wish to install any content management system like wordpress / druple / joomla etc , you can directly install it from manage my application section , when you start installing it will ask you the domain for which you are willing to install and the directory folder , where you wish to keep the files of the website. Select the folder name which you had assigned in the manage domain section . but if you are installing for your primary domain , then don’t select any folder , choose the root folder of your web host account. Install it and when the installation complete successfully , just try to open your websites in browser , you will find them live.
- If you are going to add any static website which is just made by using html , then you need to place the all files in the desired folder , or if you are making it primary website , then put the files in root folder , Note : for hosting any number of static website ,not even a single mysql database is required. But for hosting dynamic website you need one mysql database for each website.
If you had further any , problem or misunderstanding ,please refer the video tutorial attached below , if problem persist please comment in the comment box .