People who are interested in blogging the first question comes to their mind is how to start a blog? I have made many videos on blogging techniques, tips & tricks so today I thought I should write an article for you. I would suggest that before you think that how to start a blog? Think why you want to start a blog what are the reasons which inspired you to start your blog?
- Just to Earn Money: You want to earn extra money just to bear you pocket money.
- Make Money From Home: You are passionate about your work but cannot take your step out for work to earn money so you want to earn money from home through blogging.
- Want To Publish Your Book: You have a dream to become an author and want to publish your book it would be easier to attract publishers because publishers also find it very easy to sell books if the author is already popular.
- To Get more Exposure: If you already have a business and want to reach to a large number of people this is the best and the cheapest way to do that.
- Selfless: If you just want to write articles about your personal experience, knowledge, you want to send a message to others or you want to motivate and inspire people blogging is the best way to do that.
If these points will be clear in your mind you can easily set your mind for further steps. Now here are some of the steps which you need to follow to start your blog.
- Select A Topic: This would be a major point when you want to start your blog you should always use those topics on which you have full command and you can provide deep information to your readers on that topic.
- Choose Your platform: When you finalize your topic now choose your platform on which you would like to create your blog. There are so many blogging platforms available on the internet such as WordPress, blogger, wix, tumbler and much more.
- Web Hosting: Hosting is that which stores your entire contents like photos, blog posts etc. Hosting and domain both are parallel none of them will work without each other.
- Domain: This will be your personal blog address this will be the identity of your blog people will recognize you with this. It looks like yourblogname.com, www.yourblogname.in, etc.
After finalizing above points now start working for your blog with the following points.
- How To Buy Domain & Hosting: There are hundreds of companies who provides hosting and the domain such as HostGator, GoDaddy, DreamHost, BlueHost etc. but for India, I would suggest that only two companies are the best GoDaddy and HostGator.
- Things to Keep In Mind While Purchasing Hosting: There are three types of hosting available.
- Shared Hosting: People who want to start an individual blogging site they should purchase this hosting.
- Dedicated Hosting: If you have big organizations like Bank or University etc. then you should purchase this hosting.
- Reseller Hosting: This hosting is for web designer and web developer. In this, you will get the bulk plan and you can sell it to your clients by dividing it as per your requirement.
For hosting page loading speed matters a lot because as long as your page will take to load readers will lose their interest on your site and these two companies will provide you a very good speed. They also provide a very nice support by providing you all the necessary tools which you required to make your website. Here I would like to suggest you something for your convenience GoDaddy will provide you some of the domain names at very cheap rates and HostGator will provide you some of the hostings at very cheap rates so you can purchase both domain and hosting vice versa but in that case you need to link both hosting and domain so if you are new to this and have less knowledge regarding all of this I would recommend you to buy both from the same company itself.
- Connect Your Platform: Now hosting and the domain is in your hand it’s time to link your hosting and domain to your selected platform.
- Designing: Now here comes the designing part after finishing above all, you need to design that how your blog will look? Because above all are the things which are for you only to take care about but the main interface the look will be for your readers it will attract the more readers if it will look attractive. You need to insert all your social media handles with your blog and Youtube channel also (if you have any) these small things will attract more traffic and for this you can choose any appropriate theme according to your content and you can easily find these themes online so you can download it and linked it to your site.
- SEO: Now the last but the most important step is SEO without this your blog website is useless. Without having a proper SEO you cannot gain traffic for your website so if you want to start a blog you must have an advanced SEO for your website. Use your topic-related keywords.
- Things to keep in mind: While writing your article try not to use many pictures always use more texts as much as possible because Google always rank those blogs which contain more texts.
My Words on This: Starting a blog is not a difficult task nowadays if you are really passionate about your work. You will get so many help on the internet so if you have the talent in you just goes for it.